Welcome to the Enchanted Beads Blog!

Friday, November 22, 2019

Midnight Mermaid






"Nature and technology can be compatible". 
*To create this fictional creature I followed the Perlen Poesie 2017 contest instructions stating that nature and technology can be compatible.

I created this beautiful "Midnight Mermaid" pendant using several vintage and natural elements:
- a found acrylic woman's face
- acrylic mini flowers
- two symmetrical Iridescent shells
- a 30 mm x 30 mm vintage silver color Bulova USA watch mechanism
- a ammonite fossil with hypnotic spiral
- genuine pearls
- fire polished glass crystals
- vintage beads and spacers
- genuine amethyst beads
- size 15 Miyuki seed beads, by the hundreds, sewn one at the time
- sterling silver chain for the tassel

Total length, 6 inch or 15 cm.
On a 24 inch necklace made with genuine pearls, rhinestone spacers and Austrian crystals. Vintage clasp.
Dimensions
Necklace length: 24 Inches; Pendant height: 6 Inches; Pendant width: 3 Inches
Technical Explanation:
peyote stitch, modified peyote, lace, picot, stringing, bead embroidery  

Review by Nancy Berg:

Ileana, OH dear Ileana...that necklace...that amazing, superb, magnificent, masterpiece Mermaid necklace💖. I honestly do not think I have EVER been so impressed by a piece of jewelry I've purchased. Your attention to detail shows all over the necklace, front AND back. For example, features such as the deep red crystals within the two large shells, the sweet leaves, the white flowers with the yellow centers that match the mermaid's hair that you added to the tasseled ball drop at the bottom of the necklace, I could go on and on with all of the perfect touches you included throughout this Mermaid masterpiece❣️ Taking such care with finishing details all over the pendent especially, reveals what an outstanding artist you are as well as the time and effort you dedicated to it!!! The shells, face, watch body, and lower shell are all so secured-and with such beautiful beadwork. Even the watch stem has its own beading! Your time, creativity, energy, and effort beam throughout the necklace.

Oh my gosh, I'm telling you about your OWN creation😅. Of course you already know how perfectly proportioned it is, how the colors compliment wonderfully, how playful yet precise it is. Please. please, please do also know Ileana how much I am in love with this necklace, how I will cherish and care for it, and how I will one day pass it on to one of my dear grandchildren. I am actually very humbled to own it. It is truly a masterpiece.

Most Sincerely,
Nancy Berg

My response:

Dear Nancy, what wonderful words! Thank you! You are talking in such detail about my work, I don't remember anybody taking so much time to open their heart with such generosity!
I am enjoying my creativity and my work and I am so happy that I could convey all my passion through my necklace. I hope it will always bring you joy and happiness!

Best regards,

Ileana

Other Reviews:

No comments: