Welcome to the Enchanted Beads Blog!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Battle of the Beadsmith 2013 entry

 
 
CONSTELLATION


White backgraound

Black background

Detail

"Constellation" on a model


This piece lost the battle in the early stages of the BOTB13 competition. For me it was an honor to be accepted as a participant and to show to the world the product of my talent. The rest is matter of taste (the eye of the beholder) and a little bit of good luck. I am proud of my work while accepting the decision of the jury. 

You can still find this piece in "Gone but not forgotten" BOTB 13 Album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.476504852424382&type=1


2 comments:

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

It is so lovely Ileana, and so very uniquely your style. I would know it was yours without any attribution. So good to see it on your model as well. I think pieces presented on a neck form or model have a context that allows viewers, (and judges) to see them in their wearable mode and helps with scale and comprehension of drape. I hope you will participate next year too!

Enchanted Beads said...

Marsha, thank you so much for visiting. It is wonderful you noticed that my work is distinctive, I remember you told me that before. I take pride in trying to be unique, I think this should be the main goal of an artist. I appreciate your warm words and your expertise!

As for the model, my granddaughter, (she is only 14 and a very private young lady) finally accepted to pose wearing the necklace. The pictures are not perfect, I know. If I decide to participate next year I would need to improve this aspect.

The whole BOTB13 experience was extraordinary! I was thrilled to meet so many talented people and to see and "judge" those fantastic entries...To next year, I hope...